EUWEP is the European Union of wholesale in Eggs, Egg products, Poultry and Game.
On the 5th of november 1959 national trade associations across Europe representing traders of eggs, egg products, poultry and Game established EUWEP. EUWEP is the umbrella organsiation of both EEPTA (Egg traders) and EEPA (Egg processors).
EUWEP was established to protect and to defend the rights, commercial functions and professional interests of both EEPA and EEPTA members.
EUWEP strives to reach this aim by:
- Organising an annual General Assembly spread over 2 days in one of the European Union countries;
- Being a member of Celcaa;
- Strengthening cooperation between the members and the sector by maintaining contacts with other professional organizations;
- Adressing and discussing sector problems in order to reach common solutions;
- Representing the interests of the members with European authorities and institutions, e.g. the European Commission and European Parliament and others.